*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997407-Elemental-Girls-Chapter-I
by Peach
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Friendship · #997407
Five girls have elemental powers and now they are being hunted by scientists.
          8…9…10…Samantha opened her eyes to see Mr. Korver block her path to the US History room. “I’m sorry, Samantha, but what she did was wrong. They’re going to have to take her.” Pain registered in her brain and Sam released her clenched jaw. ‘Don’t’ think about it, you’re going to get caught.’ The voice in her head whispered.
         “They’re not taking her. She did nothing wrong. Nobody was hurt and barely any damage was done.” She bit her tongue to stop herself from screaming at her teacher. “Nikki said she’ll pay for the damage.”
         “It doesn’t matter. Scientists are coming from everywhere and the government wants them to study her and her…ability.” Mr. Korver attempted to explain but Samantha could barely hear him. Scientists were coming to study Nikki just because she could control fire. Rage built inside of Sam. After they were done with Nikki they would kill her, she knew it. And then they would look for others with abilities, then study them and kill them. It was so stupid.
         Nikki must’ve felt the same thing as Sam did because she suddenly began screaming at Sam’s back and at Mr. Korver and the two police officers flanking him. Her voice came out hoarse from crying and it drawled together in strings of curses and insults. Sam smirked at the cops’ and Mr. Korver’s horrid expressions from hearing Nikki’s foul language.
         “Let’s go,” Nikki’s mouth clamped shut up as Samantha took her arm and led her down the hall away from the adults.
         “Freeze!” It came as a command. Sam turned to find the two cops with their guns out and pointed at them.
         “Make me,” She smirked and dragged Nikki around the corner. They couldn’t shoot her, she did nothing wrong. It’d be killing the innocent. Even if they were running from the cops, they still couldn’t shoot.
         As they rounded the corner Nikki took off with a burst of speed. Samantha slowed in astonishment before running after her. Nikki took a right and rushed down the seventh grade hallway and ran smack into the doors. The sheer force of her running slammed them open and she stumbled outside. Sam followed.
         “Telephone company. Stay in touch.” Maddi was waiting for them, hovering on a boulder. The redhead was taking control of the earth, giving herself a flying rock. It was her specialty, after all. In her hand was an open cell phone, ringing to a long number Sam didn’t recognize.
         Sam shaped herself to an electrical current and dove into the phone and was swept along the connection. Having the power of electricity did have its pros. Maddi snapped it shut, leaving no proof Sam was ever there. And to further hide her friend, she created a hole in the ground and dropped the mobile phone in. It clapped shut, demolishing the phone.
         “Leave, Maddi,” Nikki was kneeling on the ground, flames surrounding her arms. The red-head nodded and her boulder lunged and took off into the sky. The three adults exited the school building, the two cops approaching Nikki with their guns raised.
         “Don’t fucking touch me, pigs. I’m not going to become one of your fucking experiments. I’m a human, I’m a girl, not a fucking animal.” The flame extended on Nikki’s arms, engulfing her whole body. They burned with rage, stretching up towards the sky. She remained knelt, as if concentrating.
         “Nikki, don’t do this!” Mr. Korver begged her.
         “Why not?” She smirked. The flames suddenly flashed blue, heating up the whole area around them. Nikki jumped up. But instead of coming just down, she lunged up, shooting up into the sky like a rocket. Within seconds, she was a speck in the sky.
         The speck didn’t vanish, though. Instead, it exploded. Like a firework, sparks and flames flew everywhere. All heads were turned towards the heavens to see it. ‘Debris’ as one would call it, or the remains of Nikki, was scattered and slowly drifting back towards Earth.
         “I always knew that girl was special.” Mr. Korver murmured.
© Copyright 2005 Peach (peach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997407-Elemental-Girls-Chapter-I