*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/998004-The-Silent-Moo
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #998004
Driving home you never know what you'll see.
The Silent Moo


When I used to work in California I had to commute forty-five minutes each way. One day the traffic was heavy and as a semi-truck crawled by I was able to glance through the slatted sides of the trailer. Wondering what kind of animals it carried, if any, I looked.
"Oh, it's MooMoos." I thought, as my childhood nickname just popped into my head. They were tightly packed together and I was wondering if that was safe when it happened. A sole head popped above and over a fidgety comrade's back and gazed at me. I saw liquid brown eyes, wide with fear, beseeching as if only I could relieve its anxiety - a mouth opened in a silent moo.
The moment passed and the truck moved on, but those eyes and the mute cry stayed with me all the way home, where I found my husband happily barbecueing steaks. He never could understand why I turned a little green and skipped dinner.
© Copyright 2005 Sunshine :) (sunshine41064 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/998004-The-Silent-Moo