*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/999853-The-Not-So-Witchy-Me
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #999853
I made a mistake and I well... you'll see...
It was the day of the orientation meeting for my delegation. I was something of a nervous wreck as my mom, my aunt, and I drove the long 5 hour drive to Terra Haute. It was my aunt's bright idea to stop for Arby's, so we did. Of course doing such resulted in my being late for the meeting which made me even more nervous.
The previous day, I had packed up the things I'd been told to bring by the letter I had recieved some few days before. The letter clearly stated that I should take about 10 things that described me and to pack it in a container that told of things I liked. So I got out a box and drew pictures on it of things I liked. There were some flowers and quotes from movies and a scene from a book I like, there was even a sun and a moon on it and just for kicks I put an ankh on top to display that I liked ancient Egypt. Inside the box went the usual things; toys I was fond of, pictures I had painted, and some good CDs. The last thing I put in the box was a book. This was just a book on paranormal things, of course the paranormal subject of this book was, of course, myths and facts behind Witchcraft.
When we finally did get to the place where we were meeting at I heaved a sigh of relief, I was an hour late because of my aunt's mishap with predicting timezones and I was as I said before completely nervous about telling some strange group of kids about my interests.
It turned out that because I was late I missed the other kids's presentations which seemed an unfair disadvantage for me. So I strolled up to the front of the room trying to look as cool as possible while pulling my stuff out of the box and explaining what it was and what I liked about it. Then I pulled out that dredful book, the book I was so sure would condemn me to lonliness and no friends within the delegation after I had so naively explained it. I can still hear my exact words echoing through my head, "And another thing I'm interested in, is witchcraft," My immeadiate thought was death, I had just sentenced my self to a month of secclusion and tormenting. I could feel the everyone's eyes staring at me in disbelief. Those fifty something pairs of eyes bored themselves into my mind as I looked down and hurridely rummaged through my box to find something to draw away the attention from my accidentle declaration of my being a witch. I don't remember presenting anything else after that but I'm sure I did. I didn't pay attention to anything else that I said or that was said to me for a while, the thought "Stupid, stupid, stupid" just ran itself through my brain over and over.
That was before the trip, that was before I found out that some people were excited to have me on the trip with them, that was before I found myself a solid following of loyal friends who didn't care how many people's mother's I had freaked out. Just because I misrepresented myself.
Before we went on the trip I was worried that I woudn't make any friends. Now? Now I worry about not ever seeing my new friends again.

THE END!!!
© Copyright 2005 WaterFireIce (waterfireice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/999853-The-Not-So-Witchy-Me