*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000003-United-Nations-Human-Rights-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#1000003 added December 10, 2020 at 4:26pm
Restrictions: None
United Nations Human Rights Day
Istijlal (Majesty), 19 Qawl (Speech) 177 B.E. - Thursday, December 10, 2020

Today we celebrate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights  , which was released by the United Nations on December 10, 1948. While the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was released in the twentieth century, it was in the mid-nineteenth century that Baha'u'llah, the prophet founder of the Baha'i Faith, established human rights as God given rights. In 1912, 'Abdu'l-Baha, the son of Baha'u'llah, gave a talk in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in which he spoke about ten teaching of Baha'u'llah. One of those teaching was an "equal standard of human rights".


"Baha’u’llah taught that an equal standard of human rights must be recognized and adopted. In the estimation of God all men are equal; there is no distinction or preferment for any soul in the dominion of His justice and equity."
'Abdu'l-Baha12

God has given humanity these rights, and it doesn't matter what cultural, religious, political, national, or any other human created designation we claim for ourselves. This is the twenty-first century, the time has come for us--the people of Earth-to practice these rights in our collective and personal lives.

Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace, 9 June 1912, Talk at Baptist Temple, Broad and Berks Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, pages 177-183, https://reference.bahai.org/en/t/ab/PUP/pup-63.html.
2  Quoted in Human Rights Day: Marking One Step Toward a Unified World by David Langness https://bahaiteachings.org/human-rights-day-marking-one-step-toward-unified-worl...


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000003-United-Nations-Human-Rights-Day