*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000070-Feast--of-Questions-Important-Questions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#1000070 added December 12, 2020 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Feast of Questions: Important Questions
Istiqlal (Independence), 1 Masa'il (Questions) 177 B.E. - Friday, December 11, 2020
Feast of Masa'il (Questions)

'Today questions of the utmost importance are facing humanity, questions peculiar to this radiant century. In former centuries there was not even mention of them. Inasmuch as this is the century of illumination, the century of humanity, the century of divine bestowals, these questions are being presented for the expression of public opinion, and in all the countries of the world, discussion is taking place looking to their solution."
'Abdu'l-Baha12

Yesterday evening, I attended the Zoom meeting of the Feast of Questions. The above quote is one that I picked out for the Feast readings, it comes from a talk given by 'Abdu'l-Baha in 1912. The specific question he discussed, at that time, was the equality of men and women. Gender equality is one of the basic teaching of Baha'u'llah, and one of the topic 'Abdu'l-Baha spoke about when he came to America in 1912. There are, of course, other important questions facing humanity today. Some of them Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha wrote about, while other questions they didn't specifically mention in the sacred writings.


GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2497: Are you going to take the vaccine or are you going to take a wait and see attitude? How confident do you feel about the testing on the vaccine before it's released to the public?

Vaccines are one of the important questions facing humanity today. While vaccines weren't specifically--at least I don't think they were--mentioned in the sacred writings, the subject of the harmony of science and religion were discussed by both Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha. In fact, 'Abdu'l-Baha mentioned three methods of healing: (1) Medical Treatment, (2) Prayer, and (3) Joy and Laughter. He emphasized that the prayers revealed for healing are for both spiritual and physical healing. He encouraged people to see doctors and recite or read the healing prayers.

Will I get the vaccine when it is released to the public? Yes! In addition to getting the vaccine, I will continue recite or read the healing prayers.



Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace, 20 May 1912, Talk at Woman’s Suffrage Meeting, Metropolitan Temple Seventh Avenue and Fourteenth Street, New York
2  https://www.bahai.org/r/057433099


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000070-Feast--of-Questions-Important-Questions