*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000529-Watch-that-Muffin-Top
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1000529 added December 19, 2020 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Watch that Muffin Top!
19. Oatmeal Muffin Day
Oatmeal is on the healthy side and good for lowering cholesterol.
I feel like I'm being tricked by putting it in an 'unfrosted cupcake’.

I like muffins. But not those 3# monsters disguised as healthy you can get at Costco. I mean the little ones you can make yourselves. I have a few muffin cookbooks. I’ve tried a few and sometimes they turn out great, sometimes they are like paperweights.

So you can make carrot cake spice, pecan, cinnamon, apple spice. But there are also savory ones. But I think I have a problem with bacon and chives and cheese in a muffin. I would rather have a sweet one. But cornmeal muffins are good with chili.

Muffin top - eat too many muffins and you’ll get this hanging over your belt! You know the problem, that lap of stuff hanging over your belt just like that fat little top of a fancy little muffin.

And while we are on the subject, who decided that a muffin and coffee are the breakfast for folks now? What happened to good old oatmeal? Or what about some eggs and toast, nix the bacon? But you cannot go wrong with just a bit of yogurt and some fruit. Maybe a bit of granola thrown in there for some texture would be nice as well.

I’ll bet most people don’t know that Kelloggs and C.W. Post were the pioneers in fast breakfast foods. This link will take you to some interesting trivia. https://www.historytoday.com/archive/battle-cornflakes

Imagine a world without Kelloggs’ Cornflakes or Post’s Grapenuts. And those two choices are much better than today’s muffins. *CupcakeV*





Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

New Image for the 30DBC

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000529-Watch-that-Muffin-Top