*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000580-Middle-C-stands-for-Corona
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1000580 added December 20, 2020 at 9:25pm
Restrictions: None
Middle C stands for Corona
20. Go Caroling Day
Have you ever gone caroling, or had a group of carolers show up at your door?
Write something about caroling.

We wanted to go caroling again this year as a church. We usually go to the nursing home at the local hospital.

Poor nursing home residents. They’ve been in lockdown since March. No visitors, no gifts. Now this Christmas they can’t have a tree. No cards. No caroling. Nothing. They can have nothing in their lives that cannot be cleaned with disinfectant. No visitors. Nothing. Think of how dreary your life would be if you were in a real lockdown.

That is the way it was in the days of the Plague in the Dark Ages. You were locked into your home. From the outside. You didn’t have the key. If someone died inside, you were stuck with that body until they could come and take it out.

And eventually the people figured out how to get out of their homes. They made copies of the house keys. They snuck out of upstairs windows and crept out in the dark of night when the watchers were sent on errands.

I know the lady in charge of the nursing home. She is so frustrated. The new mandate is that now all the residents have to start wearing masks. “Really?” She questioned. They’ve seen no one, except for employees, since March. But they, the residents, are excited about it. Now they now get to wear them - just like everyone else. This is getting insane.

I am of the opinion that we all need to stop with the mask wearing. I know I’m in the minority. I feel that we are losing immunity with this. How can our immune systems get challenged if we don’t let germs in?

I know that some members of the population are vulnerable. But aren’t they already due to lifestyle choices, medical problems, age, disability? And if it isn’t this Covid virus, it would be the flu, or pneumonia, or some other problem.

I think that if you want to go caroling, you should go. *Music2* It’s outside, in the fresh air. If people want to listen, they can come outside. Where I live it’s pretty chilly now. I don’t know but from what I think I know about viruses, they don’t do so well in temperatures in the 30s.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000580-Middle-C-stands-for-Corona