*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000578-Helena-Montana
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1000578 added December 20, 2020 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
Helena, Montana
Locale: Helena, Montana

Week of: December 14, 2020

         This week I was in Seattle first, now Helena, Montana.  It's a one day class that consists entirely of hands-on activities for the students.  We started this after the Pandemic halted all classes for about seven weeks.  Right now, we do a class online using Adobe connect that is all theory and discussion.  Then we go to the customer's site and conduct one day of hands on training.  We can do more days if needed, but for these two classes, one day was sufficient.


         As much as I was disappointed in the hotel restaurant in Seattle, I couldn't be more pleased with my dining options in Helena.  Surprisingly you were allowed to dine in at Helena restaurants.  I arrived Wednesday afternoon and found a place that appealed to me, and went there.  It was so good, I went back Thursday night before flying out Friday morning.


         I had hoped to meet Kåre Enga in Montana in Great Falls this trip.  Great Falls was the original location of the training, but when I called last week (after that last minute change to my schedule), I found out it would be in Helena.  It would have been nice to meet up, but sadly that wasn't possible....  *Frown*  There's always a chance I'll be scheduled to go back, they have a lot more training they need, so we'll see what happens.


         The class was held at a radio site on a mountaintop about 30 miles south of Helena.  The mountain wasn't all that high compared to the surrounding terrain, but still, it was beautiful up there.  The building that houses the radio equipment was heated of course, so it was very comfy there.  The class itself went very well, I used my portable projector to show my computer screen on a blank wall, and had the students access the software while I directed them on what to do.  There was a lot of discussion, questions, and note taking throughout the day.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Hokkaido Ramen & Isakaya          https://hokkaidoramen.life/helena/  I didn't expect to find this caliber of Japanese/Oriental restaurant in Helena, but I did.  Their Tantanken Ramen was excellent, as was their 'Crazy Roll' Sushi.  I had to have Edamame also, and could have dined there all week if this had been a week long class.  I wouldn't have done that in actuality, because I really like trying different places to see what is out there.  Excellent food really, and a nice, relaxing atmosphere.


Photo's From Visit:

 
Mountaintop Training Site



Naked Mountaintop Tree



In Closing

         I will spend the weekend at home before going to Schaumburg for two days next week.  After that, my year is done, except there are things I need to get done to be ready for the New Year.  It never stops, and that's fine with me.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000578-Helena-Montana