*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000635-Ill-be-the-Star
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1000635 added December 21, 2020 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
I'll be the Star
21. Winter Solstice
Our shortest day and longest night...
We’re about to enter the season of winter: Quiet. Reflection. Incubation. Going Inward.
Write something inspired by that.

Tonight there is to be the “Christmas Star”. *Star* Hubby and I drove up to the high school. It’s on a high point. Great, it’s foggy. You could see maybe three feet in front of you. No star tonight. We could barely find the moon. Maybe tomorrow night. We decide the hill where the little airport is located is the best bet. Cloudy? I hope not.

When I was alone and still in Ohio and a bit of a new-ager for a time, I would light candles and have a little ceremony each winter solstice. Then play some wonderful music and zone out the night with wine. I’d cuddle with my cat. We’d have a bit of a cry about the past. But those days are over. I hate this time of year. It is dark. It is cold. It is depressing to be since I cannot be with the rest of my family. I should be happy. I have my health. I have my husband. I have a place to live that I own. I have my Lord. But somehow I want more.

This is the first day of winter. Well, we’ve not had much of any bad weather yet. A bit of snow, a bit of wind. No below zero temperatures. It did rain today. Hooray, any moisture is welcome. The big wind yesterday gave way to rain today. A big wind here usually means weather in a day or so.

I may be going back to Ohio to visit my mother and the rest of my family in a few weeks or less. My granddaughter from California may tag along. That will be a fun road trip to brighten up my winter doldrums. Sorta like ‘Thelma and Louise’ but without the surprise ending. Or Brad Pitt. Or the good looking actresses. Well, at least one will be good looking. And young. Okay fine, it won’t be anything like ‘Thelma and Louise’. It will be ‘Granny and Jade’. We’ll make our own adventure.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000635-Ill-be-the-Star