*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000593-A-week-of-prompts
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1000593 added December 21, 2020 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
A week of prompts
Week 4: Dec 21 -27


21. Winter Solstice
Our shortest day and longest night...
We’re about to enter the season of winter: Quiet. Reflection. Incubation. Going Inward.
Write something inspired by that.

22. Today in History
Look up some events that happened on December 22nd,
select one, and tell us about it.

23. Happy Festivus!
Let the 'Airing of Grievances' commence...

24. Last-Minute Shopper's Day also National Eggnog Day
I should think good strong eggnog would hit the spot after a day of shopping.
See what you can come up with for that one.

25. Pumpkin Pie Day
Are you a fan? Why or why not.


26. National Whiner's Day
Whiner or winer... you pick.
Maybe you'd like to whine about wine...
Or perhaps you forgot to mention a grievance from Festivus...

27. National Fruitcake Day
Write about your opinion of Fruitcake.
If you don't like them, you haven't had mine. *Wink*

This will be the last post for a while. I’m disappearing into the Australian bush for the next week for Christmas. I’ll be camping with my family by the side of a freshwater dam. No internet or phone reception.
So I thought I’d have a crack at some of the prompts for week four.

Number 21. In the Southern Hemisphere we will be experiencing our longest day. I always love this day because I don’t enjoy the heat. I can convince myself we’re on the downward trajectory to cooler weather and Autumn which is my favourite time of year.

Number 22. That one is easy for me. In history 55 years ago I married my husband. We were in the UK and it was raining and cold. We were married in the same church as my parents and my grandparents. The same bells rang out and even though it was raining we didn’t care. Two 21 year olds on a life long journey.

Number 23. I don’t have any grievances to air. Except for the weather forecast for the holidays. HOT, HOT and Hot.

Number 24. Egg nog. Not much to say about that. It reminds me of my mother though, which is lovely. She always had an egg nog at Christmas. She died on the 27 th December 1985.

Number 25. Never tasted Pumpkin pie. Not an Australian or British thing.

Number 26. Can’t stand whiners.

Number 27. Now you’re talking. I have made a fruitcake each week this year. The writing group I belong to insist on it. My neighbour came to our door last week with the biggest Christmas fruit cake I have ever seen. It weighed a ton! She said she’d made it as a thank you for being such good neighbours. We were to take it camping and share with the family. The only trouble is all the six great grandchildren dislike fruitcake, my son in law really hates it too.
I cut in two, using a very big knife to get through the royal icing and took it to writing group. That’s got rid of half of it. 🤣 Anyway on the 27 th December my husband turns 77. Guess he’ll be having fruit cake!



© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000593-A-week-of-prompts