*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001322-Portal-to-UK
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1001322 added January 3, 2021 at 4:36am
Restrictions: None
Portal to UK
PROMPT January 3rd

If you had a portal that would instantly transport you to one specific place on Earth whenever you wanted, where would you want to go? You can use the portal as often as you want, but it will only transport you to the one location you choose and then back again to where you came from.

Oh, that this was the case. I hate travelling. I get airsick, train sick and bus sick. I used to get car sick but since I’ve been able to drive myself that’s now okay.
So if I had a portal, that would mean no long hours flying. No queuing at airports or even driving. I’d just arrive, just like that. ( click fingers)
Where? Home of course to see my brothers and their families. Back to the good old UK. Beer and skittles. Fish and chips and the BBC
It would be wonderful. The best of both worlds.
I’ve been so worried about my family over there. My eldest brother lives alone. He is 82 and although reasonably fit, I do worry about his mental health since losing his wife two years ago.
My other brother still has a wife but they have been isolated from their children and grandchildren for months now. How great to be able to pop in and have a cup of tea with them at any time of my choosing. Would it be a one way or two way portal? If it were a two way, my family would be living here in safe old Perth Western Australia. Mmmm, what if they wouldn’t leave?


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001322-Portal-to-UK