*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001710-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-144
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1001710 added January 8, 2021 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 144

Sorry I have been slow to return here to write. I went ice fishing a couple of days, Returned here each day, But very tired, and did I mention the lack of fish. It was bad. But was really bad was yesterday after fishing I got stuck with the van.
I went to this lake for the first time did knowing what to expect. Went to the landing road and it looked unplowed but drive able. As I went along I noticed I was going down hill at a good slope. With still a snow covered road. There was no place to turn around to go back so I drove to the parking lot and landing, about a mile. I went and fished but I had a worry in the back of my head, So I quite early while there were many other guys fishing and It was not dark yet. And as considered possible I could not go anywhere. I kept going through the snow to a layer of ice on the asphalt parking lot. I use my ice chisel and small plastic ice fishing shovel to get turned facing the right direction. Two big young guys tried to push me but I could not get going. I was getting worried by now. Then a fellow from Montana stopped and had a Come Along Strap and big Four Wheel Drive. We pulled me with no problem up part of the hill we unconnected he drove of and I just sat there spinning. He backed up and reconnected and pulled me all the way to the main road with no problem.

After many a Thank You, He drove off and I drove off. and I Thanked God a kind person was there to help and did so. There is at least two lessons to be learned here. One do not drive a van on an unplowed unknown road. And two to have a pull strap in you vehicle, Which I do know. I hope I never have to use it.

So then after all of that I still came home with no fish. I had one nice gill which I gave to another party of three that had four fish for the whole day. It looks like a nice lake to fish in the spring with the kayak for crappies.
To night I give Thanks, It could have been a much worse situation. have a Blessed Evening

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001710-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-144