*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001716-Its-a-skill
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1001716 added January 8, 2021 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
It’s a skill
PROMPT January 9th

Write about some important life skills that are rarely taught but extremely useful?

Parenting skills are rarely taught. Most of us blindly go ahead and have children without the foggiest idea of what we are doing.

The skill of negotiation should be taught. This is invaluable in life. Being able to get the result in a negotiation without anyone feeling as if they were not heard is an important skill.

I think this skill is starting to be taught now in schools. It is the skill of resilience. Children of today don’t seem to have the same resilience as kids of previous eras. I know what they have to deal with is different because of social media, but this is not going away any time soon. Bullying has always been a part of growing up and going to school. Kids need to develop resilience to deal with today’s bullies. To have self esteem, to have faith in themselves. I think this can be taught and I hope it becomes a standard part of the curriculum in all schools.

Basic cooking is another important life skills. The takeout culture has just about taken over from the time when most people were able to cook at least three or four basic meals.

Listening is a wonderful skill which isn’t taught. Just giving the courtesy of allowing others to state their point of view without interruption should be taught to everyone.


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001716-Its-a-skill