*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002877-Seize-the-day
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1002877 added January 26, 2021 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
Seize the day.
PROMPT January 26th

Do you practice mindfulness or meditation? How often? On an average day, how often are you intentionally aware of your mental state and emotions?

It used to be called ‘navel gazing’ back in the sixties.
I don’t necessarily practice mindfulness as something I need or try to do each day, but I have slowed down and I take time look up at the sky, or look closer at a beautiful flower.
Having a family member who is constantly worrying about what might happen or wishing she could change the past, I do encourage her to be in the moment, to not worry so much about what’s gone. I tell her that we only have now, the present. Which is actually true. I know we can’t drift along not making plans because “who knows what tomorrow will bring”, but we all should try to enjoy the day, the time we have this minute.
Yesterday my son rang from Far North Queensland. He’d just survived an accident and although suffering from concussion and cuts and bruises he’s here still to tell the tale. That accident was the last thing on his mind when he got up yesterday morning. So it is true you know, Seize the Day.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002877-Seize-the-day