*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003233-January-29-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1003233 added January 30, 2021 at 9:26am
Restrictions: None
January 29, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

This entry is a day late. I was up and gone yesterday before I had a chance to enter it because I had a job interview. The interview went great. Mow I just have to wait and be sure my RBA has enough education behind it work as a counselor in the human services field. I'm certain it will have. In fact, one agency told me that I have enough qualification now that I could start my own agency. I just don't want all the headaches. I want to be where I can deliver direct services. I have to wait until Monday to get the final clearance to work and then I will be signing my name Marvin D. Schrebe, RBA, CPRSS, ADC. All sorts of initials. My brother doesn't understand that at all. He has complained all of his life that his signature is too long. The last thing he wants is titles to add to it. I told him those titles make him more valuable.


Just an image Prompt: What does it mean to come to Christ as personal Savior and Lord?

I think coming to Christ as Lord and Savior means different things to different people. To some it has a courtly, legal ring meaning they surrender their will and their life to Jesus and He becomes their King and Master.

To others it means they enter a covenant with Jesus in which they do His will and his bidding and He becomes their sacrificial lamb and resurrected Savior to save them from sin.

To still others it is a legal proceeding in which God the Father adopts them as His children and they become heirs of the kingdom of God.

To me it is all of these things and more. It is the second birth which took place at baptism in which the water represented the grave and the baptism represented the second-birth resurrection that I shared with Jesus to walk in newness of life. It represents deep theological themes that I do not have time right now to detail. It means walking daily by the Savior's side and resting each moment in the crucified.

For my blog Prompt: "Today while cruising through the galaxy of cyberspace that is WDDC, we came upon a shining star that I have become familiar with. Writer_Mike discusses a benefit jail he was held in
 
STATIC
WDC? What's the point?  (E)
An essay to get out of jail at the Special Event Court House, but still true.
#2216689 by Writer_Mike
, which is "An essay to get out of jail at the Special Event Court House, but still true."

Write about benefits, charities, etc."

I have been arrested in these special charitable events. The way it works is the charity works with the local police to do fund raisers. A contributor pledges to match up to a certain amount and then declares a "warrant" on a member of the community whom they believe has enough friends and family who will "pay" the person's bail. The police then goi to the "suspects" house and literally arrests them complete with reading of rights and handcuffs. They take them to "booking" which is a phone room. They are then allowed to call family and friends to raise a "bond" which is whatever amount the person signing the warrant agrees to pledge. This way the amount doubles for the charity. If the "suspect" cannot raise the amount in a certain amount of time they are released with a hearty thank you for playing along and transported back home.

I raised $10,000.00 for a charity one time because I knew a lot of people who would gladly contribute to it. The amount of my bond was originally set at $200.00. The charity was thrilled and my friends all thought it was a gas to see me walking away in custody. It was all for a good cause and a ton of fun, even if I thought I was losing a day's work over it. As it turned out, my boss was the one who pledged the $200.00 to get me arrested to begin with so it was all in a day's work. lol.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "On this day Edgar Allan Poe's poem, The Raven, was published in 1845. What's your favorite Poe poem and why?"

I can't remember the title, but I remember reading a Poe poem in one of my undergraduate literature classes in which there was a body buried in the floor or something and the suspect had hallucinations about the heart beating. They became so bad that his erratic behavior ended up getting him arrested for the murder, as I recall. I don't remember the name of the poem and scarcely remember the details. It could have been The Raven for all I recall.

Blog City image small Prompt: "On this day January 29, 1924 was the beginning of the Winter Olympics. It's been almost a 100 years.. What is your favorite winter event in the Olympics? Why? If you had the opportunity would you compete?"

I don't care for sports of any kind. If I do watch any part of the winter Olympics it is the ski jump. To be honest, I don't get over thrilled about any of it unless an underdog suddenly wins.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003233-January-29-2021