*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003942-Back-to-School
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1003942 added February 8, 2021 at 12:32am
Restrictions: None
Back to School!
A new week began today, the Super Bowl was played, and tomorrow the girls return to school. I'm hoping it will be a good week, and so far, it's starting out right. As for the Super Bowl, it didn't matter to me which team won, I'm not all that big on watching sports and didn't have a favored team picked out. For me, it was a pretty quiet day except for the youngest girl who is very excited about getting to return to school tomorrow.

Even with being so excited, she actually behaved pretty well, but she was pretty distracted. It's to be expected since she loves school and hasn't been to school since Thanksgiving break. They shut things down here because of the increase in Covid cases and the school was closed until mid-January. Unfortunately, a relative who was pretty sick decided to go visiting despite having Covid symptoms.

Within a couple of days, we were notified that he had gone into the hospital emergency room because he had gotten so sick and had been diagnosed with and tested positive for Covid. He was held overnight, treated with something, and sent home. But, the damage was done and my wife got sick, tested positive for Covid, and we all ended up quarantined through this weekend, but thankfully, we are all cleared now. It's sad, neither of the girls got sick or tested positive, but we still had to sit it out and wait.

Tomorrow will be the first day in almost three months that I have the house to myself for most of the day. The last time was early January when my wife ad the girls went to my mother-in-law's and got exposed to Covid. It was a nice break, but having my wife get sick and ending up under quarantine kind of ruined it. Now, I can get out ice fishing once it warms up a bit.

But, for the rest of this week and into early next week, we won't see the thermometer rise above negative numbers; it's extremely cold and dangerous windchills for the next few days. Maybe we will get a break, but the forecast looks like sub-zero for the next week. I may venture out, anyway. The problem isn't being out on the lake when it's this cold, I have a pop-up shelter and a nice little heater. No, the problem is the truck isn't working right, the transmission wants to slip when it's this cold unless I let it warm up for half an hour or better.

Mostly, I'm just eager to have the girls back in school and be done playing teacher for distance learning.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003942-Back-to-School