*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004205-C-Looking-Glass-Insects---2-Forgetful-Things
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004205 added February 11, 2021 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
C. Looking Glass Insects - #2 "Forgetful Things"



Fairy of the Lake

I find myself in a dark green woods. You can’t even see the sky here. The trees are tall and close together, their leaves overlap. Where am I? I can’t remember a thing.

The day is getting darker, I am getting scared. I curl up next to one of the tallest trees.

“Hello there. Who are you?”

When I look around, I see nothing. Who is talking?

“Hey there, who are you?”

“Who’s there?” I stood up.

A small figure landed on my shoulder. Its tiny wings made a humming sound.

“Hello, I am Fairy of the Lake. Who are you?”

“I am, I am. I don’t know who I am.”

Fairy of the Lake fluttered in front of me, like a hummingbird.

“You don’t know who you are? How dreadful. We must see you home again.”

I held out a finger. The Fairy landed on it, folded its wings.

“Can you really do that? Find me again? How can you do that?”

Fairy flew into the air again, urged me to follow. “You will follow me. I will lead you home.”

Fairy of the Lake flew in front of me. She led me down a steep path toward a lake.

“This is where I live. And this is where I leave you. Follow the path you see. It will take you to the people who know you. Good travels, friend.”

I follow the path the Fairy of the Lake indicated. It led me to a small town. I walk into town and immediately I remember.

Home. Around the corner. Down the street.

“Hello, mom.”

W/C 265











Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004205-C-Looking-Glass-Insects---2-Forgetful-Things