*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004206-C-Looking-Glass-Insects---3-Tickets-Please
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004206 added February 11, 2021 at 12:15am
Restrictions: None
C. Looking Glass Insects - #3 "Tickets Please"


Station #987

The train stopped at Station #567. I’d booked a seat to Station #987. I have a friend that lives in Montgomery. I haven’t seen her in some time. We’re going to spend some time visiting a museum.

When I found my seat, I settled in for the short trip to Montgomery. Feet up, book on my lap. I had the small cabin to myself. How nice.

But suddenly a horse appeared. Sat beside me. I thought that was just a bit unusual.

“Hello there. I’m George. I have to go and find a lion.”

“What?”

“I’m George. Who are you?” George crossed his legs, all four of them, and reclined his seat.

“I’m Alice. I’m going to see a friend.”

As we talked, a sheep wandered in.

“Hey, either of you seen a little girl? I’ve lost her somewhere on this train.” The sheep sat down on my feet. “Baa, baa.”

“Are you crying?” I asked.

“Baa, baa, well, wouldn’t you? I mean, come on. I’m lost. On a train.” The sheep curled up on the horse’s tail.

“What a pickle. I thought I had this cabin to myself. And now I have you two.” I put down the book. And a big cow stepped on it.

“Can I have the window seats?” The cow settled into the two seats by the window.

“Uh, I guess. It’s getting a big crowded in here. I’m just going to visit a friend. I didn’t expect company.”

“I’m on a journey too, but I need to watch the moon.” The cow settled into her seats.

I leaned over to get my carry-on bag and got bumped in the rear by a billy goat.

“Hey! Watch it! You’re in my way.” The goat butted me again.

“No, you’re in my way. This is my cabin. What are you doing in here?”

The billy goat shook his beard, jammed his horns against the door.

“I have to find some of my brothers. Have you seen them?”

“No, no other goats are in here. It’s too crowded.” I pointed to the horse, the sheep, and the cow.

“Oh, yeah, well, I’ll just stay in here and wait for them.” The billy goat jumped on the only seat open, my seat.

Clackety, clack. Clackety, clack. The rails put all five of us to sleep. I curled up with the horse, the goat laid on my seat, the sheep stayed on the horse’s tail, and the cow occupied the window seats.

We woke as the sun began to set. Cow said she had to get off soon. She needed to jump over the moon. We all talked about how that probably was a bad goal and maybe she should reconsider. But she was set on achieving it. She left us at Station #678.

Billy Goat then told us he had to find the rest of the Gruff family. He has two older brothers. They are trying to outwit an evil neighbor living nearby. He thought maybe they are in the next town. So he left at Station #789.

Now there are just the sheep and horse with me in the cabin. Sheep jumped up in one of the window seats. She told us she needed to find her friend Peep. They got separated at the station. Horse and I gave sheep a pep talk about Peep. We also drew her a map about where to find Peep, seems she is a coffee addict. I knew where the coffee shop is at the next town. At station #876, the sheep left with a map.

Horse and I talked while we waited for the train to reach station #987. I braided horse’s tail and mane. I learned that he needed to find a lion, and that lion needed to be tied to his tail. So this braided tail will be extra strong to hold that lion.

Lions aren’t common in this country. But there is a zoo in the town ahead. There’s also a wildlife sanctuary. Lilly, my friend, took me there once. I drew a map for George so he could find his way, to the lion and to me. In case his farmer won’t let him go back home.

We both get off at station #987. George goes left, I go right.

Lilly and I discussed my train trip. She didn’t believe me until George knocked on her door. Then sheep. Followed by goat. We all sat outside that night and watched cow jump over the moon.


W/C 750






Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004206-C-Looking-Glass-Insects---3-Tickets-Please