*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004281-D-Tweedledee-and-Tweedledum---1-Contrariwise
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004281 added February 19, 2021 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
D. Tweedledee and Tweedledum - #1 "Contrariwise"

Dog and cat

“I think we need to come to a truce. Divide and conquer isn’t working for us,” whispered Duke to Trixie.

Trixie paid little attention to Duke. She was more interested in food. And her nap, always interested in that nap.

“Trickster. Hey, are you listening to me?” Duke nudged her.

“Oh stop it. Of course. How can I not? You’re right in my ear.” Trixie rolled over, away from Duke.

Duke laid down beside Trixie.

“This is my plan. We still pretend to be friends. But when they punish me, you could come to my rescue. When I’m put in time-out, you could come and talk to me. Bring me treats. You know, be a pal.”

Trixie rolled over, stared at Duke with her light green eyes.

“That’s it? That’s your plan? Get away from me.” She stood and wandered into the kitchen.

Duke followed closely behind, “C’mon Trix. Work with me.”

Trixie stopped, sat down.

“Let’s get one thing straight. You are a low-life dog. I am an elegant cat. I am worthy of praise. You are pond-scum. It has been this way since time began. Cats are worshipped. We have servants that wait on us. Dogs beg, you are servants for people. Cats rule and dogs drool. Case closed.”

“You just say that because it was on Jason’s t-shirt. He showed me and told me what it said.”

Trixie took her little paw and poked Duke in his big brown eye.

“No, I just say that because I have learned how to read. I listen. They think I am sleeping, but I am learning. You, on the other paw, are sleeping. You snore, by the way.”

Duke thought on this for a moment. He totally dismissed the snoring comment.

“You can read? Since when?”

Trixie licked her paw, cleaned her whiskers.

“Since before you joined this house. Since my world was upended. Since chaos began to reign in my kingdom. That’s when.”

Duke laid down at Trixie’s feet. His tail began to wag.

“Wonderful! Now you can read the boxes in the pantry. Choose the right ones. You can help me.”

“I have to think about it.”

“No, Trickster. Really, this could work. When I am in dog jail, you could bring me sustenance. You could go in the pantry. You could get some of those yummy pup things. You know the ones I like.”

“What’s in it for me?” Trixie laid down, eye to eye with Duke.

“I’ll take the blame for all the trouble you cause. The broken dishes, dropping the glasses on the floor, pooping in the plants. Cat litter everywhere. Dead fish on the floor from the fish tank. You know what you do when no one is watching”

“I don’t know. Sounds fishy to me. And those fish jumped out. I didn’t take them out.”

“Yeah, whatever. Do we have a deal?”


When Jason and Julie came home from work, they saw Duke and Trixie asleep on the kitchen floor. Trixie curled up on Duke’s paws, Duke snoring in Trixie’s ears.

“Look! Aahh, how cute is that!” Julie took a picture with her phone. “I think they are finally friends.”

W/C 531








Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004281-D-Tweedledee-and-Tweedledum---1-Contrariwise