*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004319-Up-All-Night-Sleep-All-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1004319 added February 12, 2021 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Up All Night, Sleep All Day
I didn't get in here to post an entry yesterday. I've been doing real well at blogging almost everyday but for one odd reason or another, I couldn't think of anything to blog about yesterday. It was one of those foggy-in-the-brain kinds of days, or would that be "daze".  I know part of it stems from my taking a nap. I don't know why, but it seems if I lie down and sleep during the day, I have a difficult time waking all the way up after.

And, speaking of naps, I've been taking a lot of them. This week was the first week with the girls back in school, and I've spent most of it catching up on my sleep. I know I need the rest, but at the same time, I feel like I'm wasting my alone time. Not that I can do much with my time if I can't keep my eyes open. Why?

For one, I haven't been sleeping well at night. Yeah, I knew that was coming, I hear you loud and clear, if I stop sleeping during the day, I'll sleep better at night. I say, "Go lick a toad!" I'm tired and napping because I didn't sleep the night before, not the other way around.  I know part of why I can't sleep well at night, too. As soon as I lie down, I get stuffed up, congested, and start coughing. It's been like this for the past week or better; ever since my bout with Covid.

I know, it makes no sense to me, either. I can't sleep at night, but if I lie down during the day, I fall into a deep and restful sleep. What's up with that? I have been trying different things to overcome this, cough syrups, decongestants, etc... I've had mixed results with them. Sometimes they help, sometimes they don't. I also have humidifiers going to combat the dry air, which helps a lot.

Last night, I was up pretty late, a result of sleeping so much yesterday, and was very tired when I went to bed. I took a different kind of cough syrup and fell right to sleep without waking up shortly after with the coughing. It was great! I also slept in until ten this morning, about eight hours of sleep last night. I feel good and should be able to sleep better tonight, if the cough medicine works again. Let's hope.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004319-Up-All-Night-Sleep-All-Day