*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004510-Cold-smoke-rises-like-ghosts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1004510 added February 20, 2021 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Cold smoke rises like ghosts
Midnight

A spare flake or two and 11 degrees. Cold smoke rises like ghosts from chimneys against the dark, only light from the city glistens off the crystals falling and fallen.


I am up-to-date with my writings but I need to finish a couple, three more this week. I'm up to page 167 in my book. Intrigue, thy name is Peggy.

With contests it's mostly waiting. Some are judged in a day or two; others take a month. I can't keep track of them all.

I won the "Writing 4 Kids Contest two months in a row. This concerns me. I'll have to ruminate 'why' before I share.

"On the rink [322] which I made into

STATIC
On the rink (Away we skate!)  (E)
What is seen and felt at the outdoor ice skating rink.
#2244354 by Kåre Enga in Montana
.

My favorite colors are orange and green, so I really do like this merit badge. It helped me flip my merit-meter to 301. I'm not fond of the number 3 so I'll ignore it for a few years *Smirk* or centuries *Vamp*.

Merit Badge in Writing 4 Kids
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your 1st Place win in the January 2021 Round of the  [Link To Item #1999597]  Contest! Excellent entry! *^*Smile*^*


9:40 a.m. Light snow and 14 degrees (-10c). The river *Music2* gleams white, do I dare cross over? NO!

Wee-weak-weekly-goals:

Go outside! *Boxcheck* (I've spent a week inside). Finish one book (#2) and start another *Boxcheck*. (Did 5.) Finish three pieces of writing for contests. *Boxcheckb* "Crone and Sage [349] *Boxcheckb* "In search of Iris *X* but progress on others These are weak goals because I still have little interest and no oomph to do anything.

Noon: still bright white. 18 degrees. Cooler than normal inside for some reason.

For "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS:

15. Write a list of songs that make you feel happy and/ or bring back good memories.

Claire-de-lune (memories, calm), the songtrack of "He's coming to me" (hope), Sweet-Pea (summer of '66 and green paint all over me), Gracias por la vida (gratefulness), O fado (tears and memories)

In 2015? I stood at the balcony of the hostel (seen in this video) watching the serenata in the rain.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeXX7pCWzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcFAcjXZKWY

I can't listen to this without crying, without wanting to be back in Portugal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PO2kbWy1H4


16. It’s Mardi Gras! What’s the best party you’ve ever been to?

I don't party! Fasnachtsküchle are served in the days before Lent. I grew up in a German neighborhood.

17. Take your mind off the cold weather and think ahead:
Make a list of fun things you are going to do this summer!

GETTING OUT OF HERE! Doesn't matter much where.

18. If you had an entire day to do ONLY things you enjoy, what would you do?
Where would you go? Who would be with you?

Today? Would love to be visting friends in Taiwan or Costa Rica. My friend Jean just went to Lukang and ate seafood (I really like the small city). I see pictures ... *Sad* These days doing anything with anyone would be wonderful.

19. Who / what inspires you?

Anything/anyone. I've learned from high and low.

20. What is your favorite flavor to pair with chocolate?

Orange, hazelnut, peanut, even garlic and chile with cacao (mole poblano).

21. Is there something that has frustrated you recently? Talk about it.

Silly question. I go from the bed to the chair to the sink/stove to the toilet. I haven't gone outside in a week. I have no access to a printer and the only cafes open are across the frozen river.

3722


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004510-Cold-smoke-rises-like-ghosts