*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006185-Isaiah-3018
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006185 added March 11, 2021 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Isaiah 30:18
Prompt:
Isaiah 30:18
And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Why is the Lord waiting and why do we have to wait for him while he is waiting?

Marvelous Friend


owl for signature use *HotBalloon2*


Isaiah is prophecy. The chapters that come before 30 deal with specific people, specific cities. Some of these cities were founded by the grandchildren of Abraham. Not all of the tribes of Israel entered into the promised land after the flight from Egypt. Many of the people of God were rebellious. They married into marriage with people in surrounding cities, that they were not suppose to marry. Like all families they split to find something they wanted or could call their own. And, the farther away from the promised land they traveled the less they leaned on God for their laws and ways of living. Some returned to live near Egypt.

The Lord waits for the time to be fulfilled. Even though God is not bound by time as the human body is bound by time. Nevertheless, God created time. We as children have time as a guidance in some aspect of judgment. God is going to bring harsh judgments of a kind that we would be afraid to see or participate in. The Lord waits for our growing maturity and for the possibility of more people turning to him. So, the people of God can reap the rewards of waiting for the Lord while he waits for the return of His chosen people to see Him in all the new ways He shows Himself.

It's impossible to read scripture with sincerity and not see something you never saw before or learn things you did not know about before.

Verse 21 gives hope, "and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it; when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." If you follow Jesus, there is always guidance.

Isaiah tells of judgment for unrighteousness; then tells of the joy and reward of obedience.











apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006185-Isaiah-3018