*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006538-Boring-days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1006538 added March 17, 2021 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Boring days?
I'm fine ... I think. Hopefully I'll get some sleep. At least I took a walk earlier and soon it'll be Wednesday and grocery day when I get up.

44 degrees at 10:36 p.m. Warm inside though.

Window still cracked open.

Shampooed hair today. I don't think I got all of it washed out and I ended up with a snarled mess. Maybe a quick shower before I go to bed?

Life has been that boring.

Off to write ...something.


38 degrees at 10:48 a.m. with brilliant sun.

Stray thought... time to send post cards, make calls, send out messages. Will eventually. Prolly won't today.

I am doing okay. My nerves aren't as calm as they oughtta be. Maybe once I dry off from my shower and venture out for a walk it'll help. Absolutely beautiful day out there.

This week I'm supposed to soak my plants. I've already done this with the 4 outside in the hallway (none are mine) and my bird-of-paradise. The idea is to water some to soften the soil, water again to reach and expand dry soil, water once more until water runs out the bottom. It's one of the few ways to ensure that the entire ball of soil has been moistened. I can then either do this again in a week or two or just let it dry and go back to regular watering. None of these 5 plants (2 monstera, 2 schefflera) need constant watering. Letting them dry out is okay. But a soak might spur them to growth just as the sun is getting stronger. Same with everything inside my room. The angle of the sun will not enter the room as much after April, so now is a good time to 'inspire' some of them to bloom. Summer is a time to rest and since I am hoping to be gone they will dry out. I tend to lose a couple every year when I travel.

I left the window cracked open last night. The low later this week may be 31. If so, I might just leave it as is. At some point I should put the fan on in the inner room to air everything out.

It feels like spring here.


48 degrees at 1:01 p.m. 'Noon' by the sundial is around 1:45.

My energy levels ebb and flow. So ... almost took a nap. Didn't go out to see friends. There's always tomorrow. But now I must put on clothes and shop. (They want shoppers to wear more than a mask!)


60 degrees at 5:25.

Saw snowdrops and crocuses and I believe witch hazel. Soon it will be time to look for the first buttercup. Sunny areas of Mt.Jumbo might be best but that would mean a long walk and a bit of a climb to the lower terrace. I suspect the North Hills are too exposed and dry and the flats along the river still have shadows of ice. But soon...

Managed to buy what I went for! Small victories. *Delight* I managed to get there before the crowds. We still have high covid numbers here and masks are worn inside. Period. Spent $22.92. Fit snug in my bright neon orange backpack. I wore a green short sleeve shirt (t-shirt underneath) but no coat. First day since autumn? Anyhoo. Very nice. It was dry and calm so 60 is quite comfortable. I grew up with wind and humidity. 60 wasn't quite as good.


4.054


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006538-Boring-days