*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006614-Im-leaning-into-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1006614 added March 18, 2021 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
I'm leaning into Friday
43 degrees at 10 a.m.

Woke up a bit too late to walk to The Break and meet up with friends but this was a nice consolation prize. *HeartO*

Merit Badge in Shadows and Light
[Click For More Info]

Hi  [Link To User enga] ,

Congratulations on winning 2nd place in  [Link To Item #shadows] .

Fantastic writing!

Rachel for
STATIC
I lean  (13+)
Short free verse based on "Albedo" a sculpture by Emil Alzamora.
#2246498 by Kåre Enga in Montana


I ate a pork burger with melted Muenster cheese (it was on sale yesterday, lucky me). I'm drinking my *MugBr*.

Not even noon and I'm faded. Lost in reverie. I was telling former coworkers about how one has to feel the moment by noticing all the senses, not just sight, and how traveling isn't just an opportunity for selfies in a famous place. Of course... all in a daydream. I'll probably never see them again. But I'd speak to them about the importance of simple things and how, if I can write about an abandoned umbrella, even give it a name like a child would, then they can learn the names of people who make an impact in their life, like the person who makes the coffee or cleans the toilets (in this building that would be Dave).

57 degrees at 1:32 and sufficiently depressed to lay back down. I'm struggling.

I wrote a few words in my journal. In a couple days I'll start a new book for the New Year.

Read and commented on a few blogs. Feeling a tad better.

64 degrees (18c) at 4:55.

I made french toast earlier. I could really use a bar (or two) of chocolate ... just saying.

SandraLynn Team Florent! "made" me write the following:

Yes... and Costa Rica is such a small country (sayeth the Californian, Texan and ... Canadian).

"Why can't I visit the Pacific and Caribbean in one day?"

"Well, you could..."

"So you'll take me?"

"That's what we have tour-guides for."

"But..."

"They'll take you anywhere and everywhere by 4x4, by horse-jeep-boat, car, plane, taxi. They'll charge you a few hundred dollars."

"But you said..."

"I said I'll show you Costa Rica, take you to the volcano Irazu, the national basilica and the flower and vegetable markets in Cartago, the botanical Lankester Gardens in Paraiso and the hot springs in Orosi where you'll spend the night. Then the next day off to Turrialba and a waterfall, the CATIE research gardens, stay at Casa de Lis, eat local rice-and-beans and if we are lucky have local coffee with stroopwaffels."

"But that's Dutch!"

"So are Inege and Lisette. The following day either a prehistorical monument or white-water rafting depending on the weather."

"But we wanted a Pacific beach and pina coladas, a spa and a swimming pool, a zip-line and coffee tour in the mountains and reggae and surfing in Puerto Viejo ... and turtles!! ... we can't leave without seeing turtles!!!!"

At this point there is nothing polite to say. I give them a card for a guide I know who works out of a 5 star hotel and could use the business. It'll take a week of constant activity to see this 'tiny' country. But, if they have the time and money... say $2,000... Carlos has the patience and skills to handle hysterical tourists. I sure don't! Pura Vida.


Now that I got THAT out of me *Smirk2* I feel a bit better, but I should find aspirin for a slight headache and move out of this uncomfortable position.

59 degrees and slowly cooling at 7:36.

I brought home a one armed orange moose that was hanging out in Anderson Park.

While we sat there silently I wrote: dirty moose, dirty table, traffic, silent dog, last brown leaves clinging, top-down car, not winter, not spring, a sense of an autumn long gone; "quiet" after rush hour, weak sun, cooling but still warm; no sounds of life: birds, people, children, a city of ghosts cocooned and coffined.

4.067


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006614-Im-leaning-into-Friday