*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006690-Naw-Ruz-178
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1006690 added March 20, 2021 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Naw Ruz, 178.
*Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg*

PROMPT March 20th

What are your favorite movie genres?
Share some recommendations with your readers!


*Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg* *GemO* *Gemg*


I don't watch movies on a regular basis, but I love stories that don't trigger my traumas. Most mysteries and sad love-stories are fine. Suicide by youth is not. Suspense, horror and adrenalin producing action films are not. Hollywood and Bollywood are cliche and mostly shallow. French and Japanese films tend to be bittersweet or at least deeper. My favorite movie, Babbette's Feast restores hope.

It's my New Year! Soon you'll see [178.1] after my writings as I catalog them by year. Baháʼís call it Naw-Rúz (we use the Persian word for it). And it began at sunset.

Persians have customs they observe today but today is a Holy Day for Baháʼís, the end of the Fast, a new beginning as it were. Our first month is Bahá; the first day of any month is also Bahá. Today is the day of Splendor of the month of Splendor.


"O MY BROTHER! Hearken to the delightsome words of My honeyed tongue, and quaff the stream of mystic holiness from My sugar-shedding lips. Sow the seeds of My divine wisdom in the pure soil of thy heart, and water them with the water of certitude, that the hyacinths of My knowledge and wisdom may spring up fresh and green in the sacred city of thy heart."

(Baha'u'llah, The Persian Hidden Words, No. 33)

The Original Logo.

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006690-Naw-Ruz-178