*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007118-Why-are-you-a-good-person
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1007118 added March 27, 2021 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Why are you a good person?
40 degrees at 11 p.m. I thought it was much later. I'm reading "Beakfast with Buddha" by Roland Merullo and enjoying it.

"Why are you a good person" is a very good question.

For me is it the fear of punishment, the fear of doing something wrong? I'm sure both have been a factor at various times in my life.

There is a concept that we all come from God and to God we all return. It's not the Christian Hell-and-damnation nor the Gospel of Prosperity that equates money with goodness.

It's more of the 'life is a gift on loan' as it were. We choose how we honor our loaner-body and how we honor others by our words and deeds.

So for me? I'd like to see more tolerance, more acceptance, more love, more healing.

My travels remind me of how far I have yet to go.

It's easy to accept what you see around you as the Truth if that's the only truth you know.

42 degrees at 12:46 a.m. Finally starting to fade...

Added after Krysha's and Robert's comments, in reponse to Robert's blog entry: "Alone at Low Interest

"I tend to overthink. It may be because I am not at ease in many social situations that call for conforming (why suburbs and certain religious groups are very stressful for me?). I don't inherently know how to act.

I do well with strangers and crowds. Why? Anonymity. I'm not a 'joiner' (and that may explain why I'm not totally at ease at the Senior Center).

What does this have to do with intelligence? I'm highly intelligent in some ways. My spatial and color acuity are way above normal. I understand connections and patterns in ways that many people don't. But social conventions, saying the right thing at the right time, knowing how to manipulate people or sell a product? Close to zilch.

So-called 'intellectual' intelligence isn't the only factor in the success of individual or groups of individuals."

47 degrees and sunshine trying to break through the overcast skies at 11:11 a.m.

Mr. Wong's message:



52 degrees at 2 p.m. I ate a fish sandwich but no interest in doing much else. I should write at least one poem today. Maybe a not-so-gloomy one since the sun is out and feels good where I sit by the window.

I found an old poem to submit to the traditional poetry contest.

Plain cover jacket  (E)
"Let me write un-noticed / as a shaft of winter wheat ... in the Central Kansas heat"
#1233829 by Kåre Enga going to Montana


And wrote a pre-Dew pem: "Mazed [9]

In checking my 'highly rated' poems... most are old and date from when Blogville was thriving. I don't have readers now like I did then. There were periods I put poems in blogs and rarely made separate items for them. I'm approaching my limit on items, so I should dump about 100 of them as soon as I can make copies and store elsewhere.

4,173

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga going to Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga going to Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007118-Why-are-you-a-good-person