*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
6
7
8
10
13
14
15
16
19
20
21
22
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007429-A-Missive-for-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1007429 added April 1, 2021 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
A Missive for Today
A Missive for Today

Today is my Annual Humiliation Day with my doctor. I am to be prodded, interrogated, inspected, disrobed and examined to the nth degree, finally to be cast out with the usual admonitions and warnings of how careful I need to be, in spite of my essentially reasonable numbers.

Don’t get me wrong - I like my doctor and we have as much entertaining conversation as is possible in the circumstances. It is just that it’s difficult to be completely at ease when undressed and laid out on a giant sheet of tissue paper for inspection. And it is likely to be somewhat longer than usual, given the interesting year I have had healthwise and the fact that I missed last year’s humiliation thanks to Covid. No, I didn’t catch it. It’s just that the humiliation was supposed to be by video link but, for some unknown reason, it never happened.

So there is much for my doctor and I to discuss today. And it may be some time before I can leave the harsh world of reality to return to the comforting arms of WdC. Which is the point of this message to my unreadership. I shall be missing for an unknown period this morning. Please try hard to get by without me during that time. Thank you.



Word count: 219

© Copyright 2021 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007429-A-Missive-for-Today