*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007845-Shedding-Our-Old-Skin-to-Find-Renewal
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1007845 added April 5, 2021 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Shedding Our Old Skin to Find Renewal
Blogging Circle of Friends - Day 2061: April 5, 2021

Prompt theme: Renewal - “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell
How does this quote relate to renewal.


This is an interesting quote. It resonates with me. I find many of the stories that I write tend to follow this pattern of renewal as the women I write about are rising up above situations they thought were good for them. Leaving abusive relationships, unfaithful men and dead-end jobs to find their true authentic self and their happiness.

An old skin restricts movement and growth. Shedding it allows for growth to happen and freedom to move and change. Old skin cuts into the body and the soul, it can ultimately kill if it not shed. Nobody wants to be restricted and held back from new growth. Change is inevitable. Inevitable but not always negative.
Even in a good situation, new growth and change are important. Who wants to live stagnantly?! Have you ever smelt a stagnant pool of water? Yeash!

Spring is the perfect time to shed off the old, clingy winter that has keep up buried under coats, hats and mitts The freedom to go outside without all that extra to keep us warm is revitalizing. Yesterday I sat outside on the front stoop and read and wrote and just enjoyed being outside where I could watch the neighbours and say "Hello, Happy Easter" from a safe distance. It brought a lot of smiles to many faces, including mine.
I am getting tired of writing downstairs in the basement. After a busy autumn, it was nice to get cozy by the fireplace, but that was months ago and I am ready for a change.

I think the one thing about this Pandemic is not being able to get out and about. A change of scenery helps me blast through writing blocks. I miss watching people and the atmosphere's of various places. I missing popping over to another smaller village or small town to breath a bit of change... a bit of difference. It breaks up the mundane.

I have plans to take a thermos of coffee and my laptop to the park downtown when the weather gets a little warmer. The park is able to pick up free WiFi from the City Hall making the perfect outdoor spot... it just hope the bathrooms open and then I will have it made in the shade!

Being creative and finding ways to fulfill that need to get out, but still stay safe, is what has been keeping me sane when things get heavy.

© Copyright 2021 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007845-Shedding-Our-Old-Skin-to-Find-Renewal