*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007923-Onsdag
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1007923 added April 8, 2021 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Onsdag
39 degrees at 11:04 and struggling to write something for Blimprider.

I have some ideas. Drama? with a bit of romance in a silkpunked 1892? Alt-history, nautical, pirate, spy-fi, picaresque, caper, cozy? (gaslamp) shenmo?, biopunk, noir, yaoi/BL, travel...

I dunno.

41 sunshiny degrees at 10:18. Morning by any other name ... 早上好.

Black coffee this Wednesday, Market Day.

Dull rumbling of whatever they are doing on the bridge.

I'm working on these: "Kryptid [31] "Topaz [33] "Don't be mad; I'm way less sad [32]

66 at 2:02.

Research on Taiwan:

Bai Zu Shen ... goddess or black/white venemous krait (snake)? Kraits are found in Taiwan. (rice paddy, swimmer, 2 hours till...)

Amis/Payuma were/are matriarchal. https://islandfolklore.com/matriarch/

Mazu (媽祖) Goddess of the Sea. "Mazu caught a cold, went south and took a nap."

What are the four sacred animals of Chinese mythology? These four creatures are also referred to by a variety of other names, including "Four Guardians", "Four Gods", and "Four Auspicious Beasts". They are the Azure Dragon of the East, the Vermilion Bird of the South, the White Tiger of the West, and the Black Tortoise (also called "Black Warrior") of the North.

mô-sîn-á (neighbors?) are mischievous and—according to Taiwan’s tales—interactions with them often do not end well for mortals.

"Their airboats rising like one of Pinxi lanterns. A blue/green flying-fish out of water, a blue-green sea dragon soaring."

Bamboo frame, coevered with silk, helium/hydrogen to rise. A release valve to slowly descend, a parachute of woven silk (mandatory equipment in case it crashed), shaped like a cigar, a baffled "tube" running though it from mouth to anus to control speed, a ridge to right it, feet and flippers of fish and dragons to steer it. Just a toy-for-boys, of no real use. Chok and Poh found another use... and intended to blackmail a pirate...

They rose in Poh's three-seater, tethered to a pole like a kite. It was past midnight, an hour when no one notices. Calm by moonlight, no one suspecting. If anyone were up andout they would only see a blue-green dragon and swear that they needed to cut back on the sake.


4260


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007923-Onsdag