*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011066-15-Hours
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#1011066 added May 31, 2021 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
15 Hours
15 Hours



         So what's so important about 15 hours? Tomorrow, at about 9:30 am, I get these plastic tubes removed from my nose! It doesn't sound like much, I've posted no selfies of my face with the tubes inserted (for good reason, I don't want to gross anyone out, plus it's a quite a bit TMI if you ask me), but I really can't wait. Let me explain.

         The tubes are not very big in diameter, smaller than a cigarette. I have no idea of their length since they were inserted while I was still under anesthesia, then again, I do. They are probably 3 inches in length or so, and press against an optic nerve near the bridge of my nose. Any bump or movement of the tubes causes excruciating pain; you know, the kind that brings tears to your eyes. Plus they 'leak' of course, since my sinus passages are slowly healing. A short length of black thread is tied to them and taped up on the bridge of my nose, that will be used in extracting them tomorrow. Thank the heavens that they will numb that area before removing them!

         Despite what I've said so far, there isn't much pain with them, it's more of a major discomfort. It's just that they are a 'pain', you know what I mean. Being so uncomfortable, it makes it hard to do anything, hard to concentrate, and prohibits almost any thought of going out in public, even wearing a mask. Daily chores have been put on the back-burner, I'm doing what must be done, and that's about all. My biggest fear though, is this. Suppose they say, "Oh Jim, you haven't healed enough. Those need to remain in place another week..." My reply will be something like this. "They have to come out today. Either you remove them here, or I will do it once I get home." I'm fairly certain they will be removed, I'm not bleeding, haven't been since Friday. But we'll see, huh!

         On a side note, the good thing in all this, if there's anything good to be found, is that my appetite is way down. As a result, I've lost 7-8 pounds since last Wednesday. Now to keep it off....

         Y'all keep on writing, maybe even post a few Anniversary Reviews. That would make my day, and month. Till next time, love to you all. Take care of yourself, be healthy, be safe, be happy, and most of all; Love, and Be Loved.


© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011066-15-Hours