*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011145-Dilemmas--June-blog
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1011145 added June 2, 2021 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Dilemmas June blog
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
MAY Villanelle
#981150 by StephBee - GOT Survivor


June 2nd.
This is the first time for absolutely ages since I blogged about anything outside the 30 day blogging challenge.

I went to my writing group today. They are a beautiful group of very talented writers. Each week we run a raffle to raise money to print our annual anthology. We each take it turns to bring the prize. It is usually only to the value of $5 , so nothing exotic or extravagant.
Anyway last week I admired the prize. It was a mug with a elephant on it. The lady who’d provided the prize said it was her own art work which she printed on ceramic. I joked I should have won it as I love elephants and have a small collection. When I arrived today she presented me with a large framed print of her elephant. I really didn’t know what to say except thanks of course. I feel rather embarrassed. Now I’m trying to arrange all my pictures in my house to find a place for it.
I am really appreciative but it’s not something I would have chosen to have on my wall. What would any of you do with it? What shall I tell her?
She’s very unlikely to know I’ve put it away. But I know.

Well, that is a first world dilemma, which won’t keep any of you awake, I’m sure. I suppose it’s a little like giving people a story you’ve written to read. You have no idea what they do with said story. Unless they actually tell you they read it and their opinion, it’s embarrassing to ask what they thought of it. They maybe using it in the bathroom!




© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011145-Dilemmas--June-blog