*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012513-Reflections
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2232903
My blog, where I store those thoughts rattling around my brain
#1012513 added June 25, 2021 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Reflections
Someone once told me that writing is a lonely business.

Quite right. There's nothing but your mind and the blank page, a setting where you control the entire show and have no one to turn to in the midst of it. Small wonder many authors question themselves. Who else is there to reign us in? All editing happens after creation. (Unless you nitpick as you go, an extremely slow and frustrating process.)

Have you ever read an old story and find yourself wondering how you managed to get everything right on the first try? That rarely happens again, relish it.

I sometimes wonder if I wasn't possessed by the spirit of an ancient playwright, occasionally you have lightning in a bottle and fail to replicate those results on the next try. Come back, ghost! Finish what you started here, my mind is mush.

Back to the drawing board, I guess. One week left until I have to present my story to the rest of the Mad Geniuses. *cracks knuckles* Let's get to it, then.

© Copyright 2021 Ray Scrivener (UN: rig0rm0rtis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ray Scrivener has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012513-Reflections