*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
6
7
8
10
13
14
15
16
19
20
21
22
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013569-Not-So-Elementary
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1013569 added July 13, 2021 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Not So Elementary
Not So Elementary

Today I got a Facebook reminder of a post I wrote years ago. It was about all the invites I’d been getting to a game called The Lost Detective. It’s a strange title for a game. For a start, I wonder how you lose a detective. You’d have to own one in the first place, of course, and then losing him would be a truly shocking instance of irresponsibility. Besides, how many of us can claim to have their own detective tucked away out of sight?

If we haven't lost the detective but he has wandered off somewhere and can't find his way home, how good a detective can he be? Not sure I’d want to own such a second rate detective anyway. I really can't see Sherlock getting into that sort of a bind and I know George Gently wouldn't.

Or maybe I am supposed to be this lost detective and it's my job to find out where the heck I am. That would figure actually since I'm male and refuse to ask for directions. But it would also mean that I'm unlikely to be any good at the game.

These are the questions that used to bother me as the invites rolled in. But my curiosity was insufficient to drag me into having a look at the game. I’ll probably never know the answers to my questions. And the mystery of the game’s name will fade into oblivion now that I’ve had my reminder from Facebook.

Unless Facebook starts sending out reminders of reminders…



Word count: 255

© Copyright 2021 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013569-Not-So-Elementary