*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015634-Fluidity-the-fickleness-of-weather-the-embrace-of-gender
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#1015634 added August 14, 2021 at 5:56pm
Restrictions: None
Fluidity: the fickleness of weather, the embrace of gender.
An entry "Oklahoma Weather and Gender-Fluid by Prosperous Snow celebrating inspired this edited response:

I have an opinion! *Laugh*

1. Gender has always been fluid or rigid depending on culture. The basic biology of secondary sexual characteristics and sexuality (orientation, function) is well-known. Any 13 year old can learn this — and every 13 year old should.

But... the puritanical Americans, Victorian English and rigid rule governed Germans define things in unnatural ways. It is unnatural for a friend of mine who was born XXY to have to adhere to strict male norms. He had no facial hair and the equivalence of menstrual periods!

And yet, he's 100% human. And 100% "loved by God" to put it in religious terms. My friend who's transsexual had to carry her letter from the Universal House of Justice to get local Baha'is to accept her AS IS. It took time for some to adjust. Others — no problem.

Even when some issues are 'clear' the question remains... clear to whom? Every person has the right to their own body. And that includes their sexuality. It would be simpler if people just accepted each other but that's not allowed in some cultures.

The future? Hard to say. Tradition-bound black/white anti-science people seeking a dogmatic dichotomous good/evil judgment will spurn any attempt to include people they don't approve of. IMHO, the Baha'i Faith is inclusive enough to embrace everyone.

But the reality remains. Some cultures have never had a problem with gender fluidity. Native American cultures and Asian cultures have been more accepting (in general, there are always exceptions). The globalization process will lead to a questioning of all insular attitudes, followed by a crushing backlash1.

Anyhoo... I just wrote my blog entry for the day... thanks *HeartO*

2. Thanks for reminding me of Oklahoma. I would've included ticks and poison ivy... because that was my August experience!

I will write a poem in response. The second topic of gender-fluidity should fit the weather. Mother Nature or Jack Frost? Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska weather (whether or not) can be sooooo fickle. One minute embracing like a blanket of ice. The next day a twist of an angry wind.

I'll come up with something and link it to you.

Hot-cold fickle face

You encase us in ice with a promise that you'll melt our heart. You scour us with the scorn of your twisting tongue then roast us in your oven until we're parched. Oh, Oklahoma. You can never make up your mind. Whether to cover us with ticks or poison ivy matters not, no more than whether we live or die. Our weathered bones will bring forth flowers, their blossoms will entice the bugs. And bugs? Bugs buzz until you cover us with a pristine blanket of frost.


         fluidity,
         hot-cold fickle face
         of Oklahoma

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga [178.204.gz] (14.agosto.2021)

Prosperous Snow celebrating thanks for the inspiration.


~500 words
Posted in
 
FORUM
Blogville   (XGC)
Where bloggers meet and greet to read and share. No required prompt. Alias: blogville.
#2253938 by Kåre Enga in Montana


Disclaimer: Any views, about religion or sacred scriptures, expressed in this blog are my own and not the official views of the Baha'i Faith or any other religion. If you wish to know more about the Baha'i Faith, please check an official website.

105.578

Footnotes
1  Ghana criminalizing sexuality. Hungary criminalizing speech about sexuality. Confederate States criminalizing transexuality.


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015634-Fluidity-the-fickleness-of-weather-the-embrace-of-gender