*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
6
7
8
10
13
14
15
16
19
20
21
22
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015854-Psst-Buddy---Wanna-Badge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1015854 added August 19, 2021 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Psst, Buddy - Wanna Badge?
Psst, Buddy - Wanna Badge?

Lately, there seems to be an outbreak of selling MBs and Awardicons for various favours or payments. Maybe I’m reading these things incorrectly, but it seems that. if you enter this or that contest, pay a certain amount of GPs, or perform specified actions, you get one of the awards.

Not wishing to buck the system or complain, but isn’t this defeating the object of awards? I thought they were indications of some merit (hence their names) but this must erode any value they have. The powers that be have certain systems (called CR) to prevent the mismanagement of awards, obviously with a view to preserving their value as indicators of achievement and merit, but selling them seems the most direct route to their devaluation in terms of worth.

Obviously, I’m missing something somewhere. I must be. Otherwise how can the two SMs stand by and see their award system undermined in this way? And don’t be fooled - this is what lies at the end of the sale of awards. Why else do you think the Quill Awards are already held in higher esteem than the number of MBs and Awardicons collected? You can’t buy a Quill, no matter how flawed it’s valuation system may be.

Okay, rant over. Now you can explain to me where I’m going wrong.



Word count: 222

© Copyright 2021 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015854-Psst-Buddy---Wanna-Badge