*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016284-Sheep-may-safely-graze-and-pasture
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#1016284 added August 28, 2021 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Sheep may safely graze and pasture
Sheep may safely graze and pasture...

...in a place where wolves are held at bay.

Martin Luther King had a Dream of such a place. Unfortunately the wolves circled, gnashed their teeth and tore it apart. By the end of 1968 the Dream was in tatters and on life support.

But before then, he inspired millions with his "I Have a Dream" speech of August 28th, 58 years ago.

Does anyone believe in it now?

As a Baha'i I believe in the Oneness of God, the Oneness of Mankind. That has been the core message of Baha'ullah since before Ghandi and MLK were born. But then... one could also say that the Wisdom is ancient.

Unfortunately the dross of divisions has sullied its brilliance.

Even now... it's one thing to move on from the Law and believe (as Paul pointed out to the Galatians) and another to put one beliefs into action (as pointed out by James). Even the simple Pillars of Islam that were revealed 600 years later got warped over time as people covered up the essence with whatever they desired. Simple hospitality (Book of Ruth), love (Beatitudes), charity (Zakat in Islam) are discarded to allow pride of purity, hatred, greed, and ultimately war.

No... the Dream of MLK has not been realized as Non-Dreamers hold on to their prejudices and deny for others what they hoard for themselves.

Even should the Dream be embraced by Humanity tomorrow... the work would have just begun to make it a tangible reality.

~250 words
posted in "Blogville
57.700

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016284-Sheep-may-safely-graze-and-pasture