*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017814-September-21---22
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1017814 added September 23, 2021 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
September 21 - 22
21 septembre *Leaf2g* *Leaf2y*

Sun breaking through fog. 35 degrees at 08:13.

There are no counties without covid cases in Montana. The situation in Missoula is critical. 36% vaccinated in adjacent Sanders Cunty and the area is known for its resistence to any interference by government officials.

https://nbcmontana.com/news/coronavirus/montana-county-health-officer-resigns-to-ease-conflict

MISSOULA, Mont. — The public health officer in a politically conservative county in northwestern Montana has resigned his post to ease "the strife and conflict coming from a minority of people objecting" to his recommendations in dealing with the coronavirus.

Nick Lawyer resigned his post in Sanders County on Friday, two days after a member of the public blamed Lawyer for his wife's death.

Gerald "Frenchy" Cuvillier told county commissioners that Lawyer's rules of protocol cost his wife her life. He complained that she was not given ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine or active antibodies. The health board does not make any decisions about the medical treatment people receive.

"The commissioners felt they were not able to execute the business of Sanders County with this distraction and disruption of me being the health officer, or at least that's how it was explained to me," said Lawyer. "My understanding was that they did not object to the work I was doing, it was just they wanted to be able to move on and put this behind us."


Lawyer says commissioners also expressed that they would prefer he run his outreach and support for masks, vaccines and better air ventilation to combat COVID-19 spread by board members before making recommendations.

What bothers me? A medical officer needs permission from politicians to promote health recommendations agreed on by scientists and health professionals worldwide. To me that's quasi-criminal.

Regarding hyphens: https://refreshmarketing.com.au/2021/08/01/major-grammar-conundrum-sorted-youre-...

22 septembre *Leaf2y* *Leaf2g*

Merit Badge in Every Moment Matters
[Click For More Info]

 A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
―  Paul Cezanne 
Thanks for your participation in my 'art' challenge via my notebook feed. 
Keep on being inspired! *^*Bigsmile*^*
Every Moment Matters


For "Mourning gauze [232] [13+]

48 degrees at 10:03. I'm cold. But not the type of cold a blanket helps with. Am I running a low temp? Apparently I am. 97.1 is lower than my average 97.6.

My health has been slipping. My mind has been slipping. My spirit seeks to move on. If not in this world then in the next.

So I'm wrapped up in my blanket. I should take a shower put on clean clothes. Maybe a cashmere sweater, my suede jacket? It'll be dry today and Wednesday = groceries.

But I'm also trying to avoid people. Our hospitals can't handle any more covid cases. Still, half of the population refuses to get vaccinated. Many of us who've had our lives placed on hold resent this. I resent this.

51 degrees at 10:28. My coffee is whining for attention.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/his-books-on-rosa-parks-and-mlk-were-banned-he...

Banned are children’s picture books, K-5 books, middle and high school books, videos, webinars, and web links, including a memoir by Pakistani writer and activist Malala Yousafzai; a book by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor; an adaptation of “Hidden Figures,” about Black female mathematicans at NASA; “Sulwe” by actress Lupita Nyong’o, about a little girl who fears her skin is too dark, and CNN’s “Sesame Street Town Hall” about racism.

Are these books divisive... of course they are! They divide the White community into those who embrace all of humanity and those who wish to promulgate the lie that those outside that White community are lesser humans. A very typical divide between Multi-cultualism and White Identity advocates. But it doesn't divide members of marginalized or minority communities.

“These banned books cover topics like Eleanor Roosevelt, Rachel Carson, Neil Degrasse Tyson,” Hannah Shipley said. “The ban hits every marginalized group: Black, Asian American, Muslim, Latinx, Native American, LGBTQ, disability representation, autism representation. Anything not neurotypical, straight and white. This made me upset. I was welcome to read these books to students in private daycare, but a mile and a half away, students were not allowed to read these books in school.”

“You have an all-white school board and nearly every banned book is written by or about a person of color,” Brad Meltzer said. “Race is a hard subject, but nothing good comes out of not talking about hard subjects. If we’re saying we can’t discuss race, we’re doing our kids a disservice.”

To Blimprider: "Hmm... is it time for a roadtrip to said location to bask in the vibes?

Inspiration comes and goes like an old flickering black/white TV set.

Because I want to visit Thailand I'm learning more about it. In watching Thai TV I noted how "1000 Stars" takes place in a mountain village beyond tourism. Since that's been done... I am drawn to another abandoned part of the country: Isan. It's poor like West Virginia and like Indiana of no interest to adventurers, travelers or tourists. It's people are more dark-skin ethnic Lao mix than light-skin Chinese mix and the spoken language which is more Lao than Thai used to use Tai Noi (Lao Buhan) script before it was banned. There are issues of identity and poverty.

I'm drawn to visit Maha Sarakham, a non-descript place large enough to have a university and decent accomodations. I will need to visit the villages and rice fields that surround it.

I have one story already in mind and should write it before going there. It has one quirky character from "Hometown's Embrace" in mind. I suspect that reality will be very different from what I can glean from reading and movies. But on-site feels best to me. I wonder what unexpected stories will bubble up from the recesses of my mind."

70 degrees at 2:22 ... perfect. Got groceries. Cooking a hot dog from last week sales; this week it's bologna. Bought butter. Drinking a coffee.

Bought a pocket book on Lao language. Similar to Thai. The block letters and vowel markings are very similar. I think I'm going to like writing my name in Thai Noi or Lao script. Someone said like the difference between Roman and Greek. I'd add Cyrillic.

Glysophate bans: Malawi, Thailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Oman, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bermuda, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Italy, The Netherlands. Spotty in California and other states.

To beholden: "Life was the first word that came to my mind before I saw your answer. It may seem harsh to younger people but aging is a process of letting go. Once one can let go of the notion of 'living forever' it becomes easier to live in the present and Death at some point becomes a friend instead of a foe. (A scene from "Seventh Seal" flashed before my eyes.)"

Mild headache at 6 pm. Temp 99.0; took two low-dose aspirin.

4999 views to date.

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017814-September-21---22