*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018063-We-are-wheels-up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1018063 added September 26, 2021 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
We are wheels up!
September 26 Prompt: Tonight, tell us about something you have never done, but really want to do? Why haven’t you done it?


If I had to name something, I suppose it would be getting a Private Pilot License. I've thought about it over the years, off and on, but having bills, kids that like to eat on a regular basis, work, etc. all seemed to work against that particular goal. Of course, there was also the cost involved in getting the license itself. Well, the kids are all grown now, the bills are more easily managed, work is no longer a factor, and I'm the only one I really have to keep fed.

I think there are really only two stumbling blocks now: the cost of getting the license (the average is around US $10,000) and the complexity of actually flying an aircraft. I used to have a pretty basic Flight Simulator and it was fun to play with, but I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of private pilots running into all kinds of problems caused by (apparently) simple navigation errors. I look at the ATC overlays in the videos and wonder how in the world anyone makes sense of it all.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018063-We-are-wheels-up