*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018096-The-Open-British-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1018096 added September 26, 2021 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
The Open British Road
September 26th Prompt: Tell us about something you have never done, but really want to do. Why haven't you done it?
         
         
         
         Well, in the realm of bigger than life dreams I'd really really really like to spend months travelling all of Great Britain via an RV, or in their patois, I want to 'caravan.' That's my biggie desire. I'd like to go a-RVing from tip to tip of that isle.
          Never mind luxury hotels or B&Bs. Sure, I'm not anti-comfort, but I prefer a towable temporary home on wheels that will shelter me as I wander wherever I wish to go.
         I will not bind myself to a timetable, or a mapped route. I want to be flexible as I meander as an unabashed tourist. Ideally, I'll camp along a windswept salty-air coastal site with crashing waves, a mystical emerald green forest, within the shadow of an ivy-covered castle, a barren moor, numerous villages and more.
         Along the way, I plan to meet and greet whomever crosses my path. We will most likely remark upon our differing accents and idioms. We all supposedly speak English, but with our own 'flavour.'
         Of course, I intend to sample the various delicacies available. Perhaps I can disprove the belief that all food British is tasteless and or bland. I'd love to savour yorkshire pudding, fish and chips, and fairy cakes straight from the source. I have no doubt I will down hundreds of 'cuppas.' I'm currently in training for this eventuality. Maybe I can enter a tea-sipping marathon?
         So, what's locked the wheels of my caravan so to speak? What is preventing me from embarking upon my cross-country trek? Sigh... I have champagne tastes dependent upon beer money. Finances, or more accurately the lack thereof crimps my travel plans. I dream beyond my means. I am not naive, I realize my ambitious foray will be expensive.
         First, I need to fly from Canada across the Atlantic. Next I'd have to lease a caravan and stock it with edibles. Oh, and I must also rent a vehicle which will require fuelling at regular intervals. Yep, there will undeniably be expenses.
         No problem... I just need to connect with a travel fairy.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018096-The-Open-British-Road