*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018156-Go-With-The-Flow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1018156 added September 27, 2021 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Go With The Flow
PROMPT September 27th

If I realized I am just like everyone else and just as GOOD as everyone else -- that we all struggle but have so much potential -- then when in social situations I would finally be more likely to...
         
         
         
         Loosen up, relax, enjoy the social situation. I'd be more likely to go with the flow. I'd drop my hyper-vigilance and my prevalent guard. There'd be no more me versus them, but an us on equal footing. We'd be peers, birds of a feather, compadres.
         Oh, the conversation would have to be so much more than casual. We'd share interests and life-experiences in common. We'd just 'get' each other. What awkwardness? No more 'tongue-tieditis.' Of course, we'd converse in a vernacular comfortable to both of us with no need for explanation, or clarification. How could we possibly misunderstand each other, or misconstrue the meaning of our chat? We'd be above cross-communication. None of us would bother to worry about our choice of word, or manner, or stepping on once easily bruised toes. Feelings and egos would not be affronted. We'd banish pettiness.
         My choice of attire and that of others would not be significant, or judged. Designer labels? Pfft. Current fads? Meh. Anything goes. Fashion freedom. No one could sneer at my sneakers and decide if they were worthy simply because of their price tag. If my t-shirt sported a stain, so what. If my socks were obviously odd and not from the same pair, big deal.
         I would finally be more likely to simply be me and more likely to accept anyone.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018156-Go-With-The-Flow