*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018600-2021---Plot-Premise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Women's · #2139377
Arlynn's story - 2017 edition; 2021 Edition (Zayda'a Story)
#1018600 added October 3, 2021 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
2021 - Plot Premise
Oct. 02: - Plot: Premise â–¼
Now that you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?
The City - like New York City
-Newcombe House - Trace's Maternal Grandparents estate
-University -
-Cousin's house - Adwina and Damian
A New England Town - Roseville
-Aunt's Victorian House
(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)? Zayda Gallagher
(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)? She is a witch with the ability to feel emotions when she touches others (so she tends to keep her physical distance)
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)? She wants love and belonging.
(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)? Trace's family highly disapproves of her - his mother is afraid of her (believing her to have killed her husband) and his grandfather - a tyrant - Henry Newcombe does not want her 'worthless' blood mixed with his family.
(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)? Henry Newcombe is very prominent and powerful in the City - he threatens his grandson with being cut off - not being able to finish his studies or to take over his grandfather's legacy and company - "you need me more than I need you"
Trace's mother - distrusts Zayda until she is able to perform some action that wins her over - ie saving her life or the life of someone she loves - Trace or one of his siblings.
Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.
Example: ""A young, mistreated orphan discovers he is a wizard and must face the evil villain Voldemort to fulfill his destiny.""
*** Wikipedia's definition of Narrative Conflict

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.



Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018600-2021---Plot-Premise