*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018748
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Women's · #2139377
Arlynn's story - 2017 edition; 2021 Edition (Zayda'a Story)
#1018748 added October 17, 2021 at 1:14pm
Restrictions: None
2021 - Plot: Rising Action (How does story Get there?)
Oct. 06: - Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get there?) â–¼

Review your notes from the ""Premise"" and ""Beginning"" plot exercises, and tweak the conflict(s) and inciting incident as needed before proceeding with the ""Rising Action"" plot exercise, as follows:

(1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.
Fear of leaving the comfort of where she is even though it is not a great place to be... beyond the garden of the aunts.
(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.
Adwina, her cousin, is the one who tells her this is her chance to grow and get away from the life she has been stuck in.
(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.
Being on the train, heading for the City.
(4) Fill in some of the blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?

Or maybe this is too early.... Should I start the story with her leaving for the City... or even getting to her first class...?

Getting to the City - feeling the immenseness of it. Bumping into people is something that she will have to deal with as each time contact is made she feels a great deal (emotions and illness). She'll need to wear something that can shield her from such contact - at least dull it - maybe a leather coat and leather gloves?? Does she avoid the subway at peak hours.
Moving in with Adwina and Damian - setting herself up
Attending university - running into Trace there - this has to be a big deal.... I am thinking they will run into each other - this could be a literal thing - she still senses his spark, those it is dimmer, (but grows steadily with contact - at first and over time)
Does she come to doubt this contact at some point? But Adwina reassures her he is really smitten.


Living Greenwich Village - based on that.
The immenseness of the City could be something that holds her back from going - because of her contact issues.

I have added to this in Plottr. Oct. 17, 2021

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018748