*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019127-Setting-Definitions-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #2259320
After years of ministry in South America, Azul returns home for her last days.
#1019127 added October 11, 2021 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Setting: Definitions List
1. Sweet Gum Balls (mistaken for Chinaberries) - woody seed pods with spikes, which can transport the seeds to various locations by becoming lodged in animal fur.

2. Paraguay - a country in South America, that is shaped like a peanut, and sports two official languages, Spanish and Guaraní, (which is the language of a native American tribe)

3. Chololó - a vacation spot in Paraguay with multiple levels of waterfalls, a hotel, and a fancy restaurant.

4. Fort Worth, Texas - "Cattle Town," so named due to the location of the cattle auction to where cowboys would drive their cattle back in the days of the Wild West. It is, also, the twin city with Dallas. This is why the local airport has been nicknamed, "DFW."

5. "Seminary Hill" - Prominent location in Fort Worth, Texas. It's the location for Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where Azul and Fuerza met.

6. Sycamore, Georgia - a small farming community in South Georgia, USA, which is about 30 miles north of Tifton, and about two to three hours south of Atlanta. Sycamore is known for its peanut and cotton crops, and a unifying railroad track, which makes Ashburn and Sycamore another set of twin cities.

7. Georgia red clay - It's easy enough to define by its name. However, Georgia red clay is so ubiquitous in the land and the environment as to be nearly another character. When the red clay is wet, due to a heavy rain, it's hard to wash off because it sticks snugly, wherever it lands, sometimes in unmentionable places. When the red clay is dry from long dry spells, the clods form small, rock-like pebbles. Bottom Line: If you want anything other than red clay dirt road, you have to pave that trail.

8. Bethel Baptist Church - Azul's home church, where she attended with her family from her earliest years on Earth. Azul became a Christian, here, and the church has remained dear to her heart throughout her life so far.


by Jay O’Toole
on October 11th, 2021


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019127-Setting-Definitions-List