*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019597-Cultural-setting
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1019597 added October 18, 2021 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Cultural setting
Setting: Cultural Setting

Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.

The setting my story will take place in is a half fictional and half real town. I am using the real ghost town of Sherwood, Texas in Irion County as my fictional town where Ruth grew up and lives. However, I intend to make the population match my story. I will draw a fictional map to the town so I will know how to describe where everything is at.

(1) What do your societies believe?
They are a Southern Town in Texas. I think I will have the majority of the community church-going small town/country folks. The is kind of where the good ole boys grow up and live on hard work, the Bible, and down home cookin’.

(2) In what practices do they engage?
They work all week and Sunday is the Lord's day.

(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?
Normal laws

(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how successful are they?
The sheriff

(5) What technologies are in use?
Modern technology

(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?
Sherwood, Texas is where Ruth was born and raised. She had met her husband Mike when a carnival had come to town. He had worked at one of the booths while he was still in college. For Ruth, it had been love at first sight. She had been a senior in High School. Right after she had graduated high school and he had graduated college, they were married at the First Baptist Church of Sherwood, Texas.

(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?
This is where everything in the story takes place. I may have a couple of things in the nearby town of Mertzon, such as the homeless shelter and suicide hotline Ruth volunteers for.


a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019597-Cultural-setting