*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019672-Plot-complications
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1019672 added October 19, 2021 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
Plot complications
Plot: Complications ▼

Complications. Identify additional things that could go wrong for your protagonist. You are not required to resolve any problems yet, just create them. Remember: The more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on, and the more engaged and invested the reader will be in your story. Brainstorm a list of problems you could throw at your protagonist(s) throughout the story, using ""What If,"" mind mapping (see the resources at the bottom of the calendar), freestyle writing, or any other form of brainstorming you prefer. Hint: Other characters are a great source of realistic strife, since characters often are driven by conflicting motivations.

My plan īs to have Ruth face financial complications, complications with trying to close out her husbands affairs, and some complications with maintaining her house. She will also help other people with similar issues along the way. She will be potraited as having some very hard days and some good days. Plus, I intend to have the spirit of grief harrass her a bit with negative thinking and things like that. I may have to picture several different scenes in each chapter to build up her troubles and grieving reactions. There will be false gossiping going on about her as well. She is going to be very busy after her husband dies. She must finish up fixing and/or selling her husband's properties. She must decide what to do with the rental properties. She has to sort through her husbands belongings. Perhaps, she can find a journal he had kept and some letters from another woman and his Bible with notes in it. She will have to go through his financial records and somehow make sense of them all. She will need to get a job to help pay the bills and mortgage because she will not be continuing his flipping business. She has to have a way to support herself before all the money in savings runs out. She will have property taxes to pay. There will be some repairs she has to have done on her house and car. A neighbor will give her some fits about something like property maintenance and complaints about her dog. I don't want to present too many issues because I want to keep my reader’s interest. So I will need to find a way to present all of this without losing the reader’s attention.

a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019672-Plot-complications