*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020343-Back-to-My-Roots
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1020343 added October 29, 2021 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Back to My Roots
"Journalistic Intentions - October, Entry 6 - Sean Sherman  


What would it be like to take a portion of your heritage, strengthen your skills in that area, and share it with the world? Sean Sherman and the rest of the cook staff at Owamni could tell you because that is exactly what they did. The Sioux Chef, Sean Sherman, and his peers at the restaurant have taken Native American cuisine and shared it with the world. Even better, Mr. Sherman encourages other Indigenous peoples by purchasing most of his ingredients from Native producers and they use only the ingredients that would have been found amongst the tribes in pre-colonial times. It culminates in a healthy culinary lesson on culture and history. What a wonderful way to embrace your culture! Now, if more people would do similar, perhaps we could come to understand more about the Indigenous cultures within the United States. The Native American culture within my family has been lost. What a spiritual moment it would be to relive even something as simple as the cuisine of my Cherokee ancestors. This is like a call to get back to my roots and expand on my experiences. I would be down to give Mr. Sherman's food a try. How about you?

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020343-Back-to-My-Roots