*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020492-Cultural-cuisine-Journalistic-Intentions-Rd-6
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1020492 added October 31, 2021 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Cultural cuisine [Journalistic Intentions, Rd. 6]
3rd Prompt: Michael Twitty


When I selected Michael from the list of blog topics, I thought the linked story would have recipes with accompanying background stories throughout; such is not the case. The link takes you to Michael's blog, which features several posts as well as links to archived posts going back to January 2011. About half of the main links will present you with a recipe for something you've likely never tried before, while the others give a little insight in to Michael's search for historical relevance and how food connects us. There are other links, though, that take you straight to issues of the day, especially as relating to the African American experience in today's America. His is a loud voice, bringing light to things many would prefer to be left in the dark, and asking difficult questions to which there seem to be no easy answers.

If you want to try recipes with a decidedly different flavor and background, you can find them in his blog. If you want to get a glimpse of doings that take place outside of mainstream media reporting, you can find that, too.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020492-Cultural-cuisine-Journalistic-Intentions-Rd-6