*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020756-New-Comers---Zllyas-Voice
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1020756 added November 3, 2021 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
New Comers - Z'llya's Voice
Authors Note

PROMPT – November 3rd.You live in a tourist town. There's always an 'interesting' mix of visitors. But this year they are especially... different. In what way?

*Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey*


Z'llya has graciously consented to answer this prompt, she was invited to by Kåre Enga in Udon Thani. She is a minor/supporting character from my NaNo project. Without giving up any spoilers; Z'llya is a trained agent/assassin, she is bonded to a minor character, until an incident breaks that bond. She then becomes bonded to Hiram Bilton, the main character in my collection of typos wearing a raincoat NaNo project "Bilton - Working Title

Z'llya didn't like it, they filled the streets of her small city. Crowding the eateries, and making it hard to move about. The city always had visitors, people from the outskirts came to shop, eat, and be entertained. These people were different, or more disturbingly not as different as they should have been.

The Newcomers claimed to have come from the stars, arriving in things they called boats, flattened cylinders that flashed across the sky, leaving behind the scent of a thousand lightning storms. Churning clouds of dust they landed on the outskirts of B'dray, the city and planet she called home since she was selected for training. At least her people's appearance was as startling to them as theirs was to her. Her people had long expected visitors from the stars, their Sacred Creeds foretold it. The Visitors would arrive in ships, not unlike the boats the newcomers came in. They would be small, much smaller than the people of her planet. And, uniformly gray, gray hairless little creatures. That's what her people were prepared for. That's what her people expected. What arrived was a shocking surprise that struck at the very heart of their beliefs.

The Newcomers looked exactly like them. Well, almost exactly, they seemed to have a great variety of sizes, some her people's size, while others were seeming giants, standing head and shoulders over her. The hair was different too, there were too many colors, B'drayians all had black hair, yet there were Newcomers with brownish hair, white or gray hair, something they called blonde hair, and she shuddered even RED HAIR.

The eyes were the worst though, again too many colors, she couldn't even name all the colors. Bydrain's had all had some variation of yellow eyes. From light, almost translucent yellow to speckled gold. The eyes made it hard to speak with the Newcomers. She shuddered once again. speaking with the Newcomers might have been the greatest shock of all for the B'drayians. When the boats first landed, no one understood the Newcomers, it wasn't until one of them spoke into a device he carried, and another ship landed. A newcomer spoke to them in a strange dialect, a very old dialect of the B'drayian tongue.

These were not the Visitors the B'Drayians had expected, not the small gray almost gods, the Sacred Creeds had prophesied.

The Newcomers were them, with jarring differences and too many similarities.

New Image for the 30DBC

© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020756-New-Comers---Zllyas-Voice