*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021197-All-Of-My-Decades-Have-Been-the-Best
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1021197 added November 8, 2021 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
All Of My Decades Have Been the Best
PROMPT November 8th

What would you have to start doing now so that in 10 years you feel like you just had the best decade of your life?
         
         
         
         
         
         Is this a self-reflection exercise? What do I see myself doing in ten years? Should I adopt some healthier habits?
Should I contemplate a makeover?
         First of all, I have no preconceived expectation that the next decade of my life will come to pass, or that it might prove to be the best time of my life. Like anything involving the day-to-day nothing is for certain.
         If I give up partaking of all items baked such as cakes, cookies, and muffins what will I have achieved? Will I have shed weight? To what end? Do I really wish to be an image-obsessed senior citizen pining to regain her youthful figure? I am no longer a shadow of my former self. Neither am I morbidly obese . Sure I cannot hope to participate in a marathon and remain unscathed, but then I never did, nor did I ever wish to do so. I have never had a burning desire to scale a mountain, or throw myself from a tall structure. I am blessedly healthy. My diet has not harmed me and my size/build has not been a burden. Why would I alter this? This then will not be a pursuit pour moi.
         I have no complaints re the other decades of my life thus far. Over the years, I've enjoyed many a highlight. I've earned every wrinkle, laugh line and grey hair and they were inevitable anyway. During the close to two decades my offspring and I co-habited I weathered once in a lifetime events, triumphs, milestones, etc. They had a place in my life and they can never be repeated.
         For the immediate past twenty years, I experienced getting to know my kids as adults and liking their company. We've travelled together. We've welcomed new members to our family. I've become Nanna to three splendid grandgiggles and nothing whatsoever can surpass that.
         To survive another decade I need to relax and savour all the moments. I need to be present where the action happens. I need to breathe. All of my decades have been the best.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021197-All-Of-My-Decades-Have-Been-the-Best