*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021575-Destination-Bucharest
Rated: 13+ · Book · Travel · #2032403
ON THE WRITE PATH: travel journal for Around-the-World in 2015, 16, 18.
#1021575 added November 14, 2021 at 1:30am
Restrictions: None
Destination Bucharest.
A comment to Stik:

When I wanted to visit Romania it was $500 less to fly to Munich... so I did... but it was Oktober and I stay away from beerfests so I got on a bus and spent my first night in Prague figuring I'd get to see Munich on the way back. I saw a friend in Prague because I was worried about his depression and ate Chinese at his family restaurant. The next day he wanted to eat at McDonalds because he ate Chinese every day. Of course Prague isn't a suburb of Bucharest so I visited Bratislava, BudaPest, and Belgrade (just because it's in between, broke up the trip and it's not a tourist hot spot). I still wasn't in Romania... albeit next door. I continued to Timisoira, Sibiu, Sigisoira and Brasov before finally arriving in Bucharest. I specifically wanted to visit Raluca who I met at WDC. She's an architect and she gave me a grand tour of the outside museum of buildings gathered from all corners of her country. As a student she had spent many hours studying there. Then back to Munich where I watched surfers on the river and flew home.

So much of that trip was doing whatever wherever whenever I could and seeing, smelling, listening, touching and tasting *Smile* along the way. I never got back to any of those places except Belgrade. I've gone back twice.

For me the purpose was seeing friends, but the journey was to be savored e.v.e.r.y day.
2921

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021575-Destination-Bucharest